[Cs-affiliates] Christine Papadakis-Kanaris accepts!

Crovella, Mark E crovella at bu.edu
Fri Jul 7 10:54:47 EDT 2017

Dear Faculty and Staff (with cc to Christine) -

I’m very pleased to let you know that Christine Papadakis-Kanaris has accepted our offer to join the faculty as Instructor in Computer Science.   Christine comes to us from Fordham University where she has taught Computer Science for over five years, and also brings more than ten years experience in industry, ultimately as VP of Information Technology at financial trading firms in Connecticut.   In her interview, Christine impressed us with her commitment to student success and her thoughtful approach to CS teaching.   Christine is a Boston native and looking forward to returning to the area.

As part of her appointment, Christine will also take on the newly defined role of Director of the MS Program.  This role is being separated from MS Admissions Director (which role Hongwei will continue to fill).    The Director of the MS Program will have primary responsibility for all MS student advising and for MS student life (which will also continue to be supported by Christian).

Please join me in welcoming Christine to BU, and stop by and say hi to her after she arrives in the fall!

Best,
Mark