[Cs-affiliates] Status update for replacement printers

Joseph Szep jszep at bu.edu
Wed Jul 5 16:53:34 EDT 2017

Hi all,

A quick update on the replacement printers in the department.

1)  BULLWINKLE, CLUNKY -> MCS205

   Both BULLWINKLE and CLUNKY have been decommissioned.  Their entries
on the print server have been deleted and their IP addresses have been
removed from the campus DNS.  Trying to print to them via the print server
or via hostname or IP address will not work.

Both of those printers have been replaced by a new black and white multi-
function printer, MCS205-BW.BU.EDU.  We have been using the printer for
a couple of weeks now and it looks like we got the kinks out.  On the
Linux side, the print server knows how to access the printer.  Use the
name 'mcs205-bw'.  From Windows or Mac, you can try the hostname
'mcs205-bw.bu.edu' or it's IP addess 10.241.68.52.

Also, this new printer can also scan, copy, and fax.

2)  BLINKY -> CS-PSYPRINT

   We have the BLINKY replacement, CS-PSYPRINT, working well. I will
be decommissioning BLINKY this Friday, July 7th.  A important note -
the location of CS-PSYPRINT is in room PSY 232.  The room BLINKY is
currently in, PSY 222, will be converted to a storage room.  If you
do not have a key that opens the PSY 232 door, see the CS front office
staff for a new one.

>From Linux, use 'cs-psyprint'. For Windows/Macs, try 'cs-psyprint.bu.edu'
or 10.241.34.11.

CS-PSYPRINT is a color printer which can also scan, copy, and fax.

3) ACYLICS -> MCS205-COLOR

  A new replacement color printer for ACYLICS has been delivered and
the Ricoh tech is scheduled to come Thursday to do the initial install.
Barring any problems, I expect to decommission ACRYLICS next week
(tentatively Wednesday).  I will send another message once we've got
the new printer working to our satifaction.

Please send any questions to:  support at cs.bu.edu

-Joe

--
Joseph T. Szep