[Cs-affiliates] RHET Lab at BU

Krieger, Orran okrieg at bu.edu
Tue Feb 21 19:16:50 EST 2017

We have been fortunate to have established a new initiative between Red Hat
and BU (https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-and-boston-university-collaborate-advance-emerging-technologies-and-open-source-research-and-education).

Things are up in the air right now with respect to what directions this collaboration will take and how we will organize it.  There exists an opportunity for us to influence how this initiative might best support research within the department including access to research funding, student fellowships/stipends, data, and access to Red Hat staff.

All interested faculty are invited to a meeting on March 1 from 1-2 PM in Hariri Seminar Room to: 1) answer any questions you might have about the initiative, 2) collect your thoughts on what it can do to advance CS research and education at BU, and 3) collect your thoughts on how to best organize this effort to encourage broad participation from CS.

       -- Orran