[Cs-affiliates] Notice: Retirement of non-"cs.bu.edu" e-mail domains

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Fri Dec 1 13:42:52 EST 2017

Hi all,

For historical reasons, the CS mail relays have for many years been
accepting mail addressed to a number of e-mail domains other than cs.bu.edu.
As a requirement of some planned changes to our e-mail infrastructure, we
will cease accepting mail for these legacy domains on March 1, 2018.  The
affected e-mail domains are as follows:

csa.bu.edu
csa2.bu.edu
csa3.bu.edu

If there is anyone who still occasionally sends you e-mail addressed to any
of these old domains, please contact them prior to this deadline and ask
them to send to your "@bu.edu" or "@cs.bu.edu" e-mail address instead.
After March 1, e-mail addressed to "[username]@csa.bu.edu" or either of the
other domains will be undeliverable and will bounce back to the sender.

Note that the vast majority of CS users will not be affected by this change,
so if you don't know what I'm talking about, you almost certainly don't need
to worry. :)  If you do have any questions about this change, please contact
support at cs.bu.edu for assistance.

best,
- Paul

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>
IT Manager, Boston University Dept of Computer Science