[Cs-affiliates] FW: Blue Hills hiking in April

Devits, Christopher R cdevits at bu.edu
Mon Apr 10 14:52:00 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Oxana Poburinnaya <oxanapob at bu.edu<mailto:oxanapob at bu.edu>> wrote:
Reminder: the hike is planned for this Saturday, April 15. So far the weather looks good.

If you didn't fill the form but still want to attend, you can do so - we have available seats in the bus. But still fill the form so that we know how many snacks to order.

Meeting place:
- if you take the bus we reserved:  we meet near mcs building, 111 Cummington Mall, please be there by 10.45.
- if you go by yourself:  First, let me know about this, we will make sure to pick you up.  We will wait for you (or you for us) near the bulletin board at this parking<https://goo.gl/maps/Cicd5C6EWuD2> (the board is near the south exit towards the lake). We should start the hike around 11.40-11.50 (depending on when we arrive), so be there before that time.

What to take with you:
We will buy some water and sandwiches for everyone, but fill free to bring your own snacks (note that alcohol is prohibited in the park). Dont forget a hat and sunglasses, if you need them. Also note that the trail may be muddy, so wear appropriate shoes. You can print out the map if you want to, it costs $3 at the reservation.

The trail:
We will take the green dotted loop around Tucker Hill, north-east from the Houghton Pond (the map is here<http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dcr/parks/trails/blue-hills-trail-map-2016.pdf> ). It is a relatively level trail. It starts near the pond and follows it for a while, then goes north to the hill, and loops around the hill. Those who want some challenge can take a quick run up to the hill via a blue dashed path.

the fastest and the most convenient way to contact me is by email oxanapob at bu.edu<mailto:oxanapob at bu.edu>, but just in case, my phone is 347 665 2735<tel:(347)%20665-2735>.

 -Oxana