[Cs-affiliates] Our last DUS/undergraduate event of the year

Wayne Snyder waysnyder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 23:36:33 EDT 2017

Folks,

     I have only publicized this to our ugrads and MS students to this
point, but please feel free to come by Pho 211 at 5pm tomorrow to see five
of our recent graduates talk about "What to Expect After Graduation"
(announcement is below).
     This year we tried a number of these events, including a session on
resume preparation (thanks, Sharon!) and I they were successful beyond my
expectations. We will be making these a regular part of the department
culture, and I hope that some of you will be able to participate in some
way going forward.  There is now a critical mass of student leaders and
active participants in making a community for our undergraduates, and I
have to say it is very satisfying to see our department *finally* getting
the enrollments and the prominence at BU that we always thought we should
have.   Now we just need a donor for our building......

-ws

Wayne Snyder
Associate Professor, Director of Undergraduate Studies
Room MCS 290, Department of Computer Science
111 Cummington Mall, Boston, MA 02215
Cell: (617) 966-1065 (leave a message, but email vastly preferred)
Spring 2017 Office Hours:   Wed  3 - 7 pm
Math Tutoring:  Rich Hall Cinema Room, Tues 7:30 - 10:30 pm

Folks,

       Just a reminder about our last event in the series of meetings for
BUCS students....

        This Friday we will host a panel discussion with recent alumni of
our department who work at Microsoft, Bloomberg, and other great companies,
on.... wait for it......  what to expect after graduating from BUCS.  We are
thinking this will be most useful to people in the BA and MS programs, but
everyone is welcome!  Here are the coordinates:

Where:  Photonics 211
When:  Friday, April 7th from 5 - 7pm          (Pizza is coming at 6pm!)

Facebook Event:   https://www.facebook.com/events/1697173727246678.

The panel will talk about their experiences since graduating and I'll ask
some questions, and then turn it over to the audience (you!) to ask
questions.    We'll end with a "meet and greet" for networking and
discussion over
refreshments.
        This is a great chance to hear from people who can give you great
advice
about where you are headed, and it never hurts to have some contacts
among our alumni!
        Hope to see you there!

-ws