[Cs-affiliates] computational linguistics - Upcoming colloquium / reception

Crovella, Mark E crovella at bu.edu
Sat Sep 10 13:04:47 EDT 2016

Dear Faculty and Students,

Please note this upcoming talk in Linguistics — looks very interesting!

Mark
—

Dr. Qian Hu (BU PhD in Applied Linguistics, 1993; currently Chief Scientist
of Speech Technologies and Senior Principal Artificial Intelligence Scientist
at the MITRE Corporation) will be presenting our first Linguistics Colloquium
of the fall semester, co-sponsored by the Hariri Institute, on Thursday,
September 22, 2016 at 5:30 PM in KCB 101. She will speak about
“Speech Technology & Applications."

For further details, see:

http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/UG/pictures/qian.pdf

This is also a Facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/894385890688877/

Please share the above information with your students and colleagues.

---------

If there is interest, we will also host a reception at 4 PM (location TBD),
to give faculty and graduate students a chance to chat with her informally.

If you anticipate that you would attend the reception, please indicate that here,
no later than September 15th, and we will be back in touch with further
information about the specifics by email:

    https://goo.gl/forms/slaMMqqdmTrRy2tf1

We hope you will be able to join us.

best wishes,
 Carol

PS  For information about the other Linguistics colloquia planned for this
semester, see:

https://www.facebook.com/BULinguistics/photos/a.10150163361750301.404986.39972495300/10157439406045301/

[cid:A3032C09-9F0B-4037-A616-7925203254B8 at cable.rcn.com]

---
Carol Neidle
Professor of Linguistics and French
Director of the Linguistics Program
Boston University, College of Arts and Sciences