[Cs-affiliates] Fwd: Statistical Consulting @ BU Now Open for AY16-17

Crovella, Mark E crovella at bu.edu
Thu Oct 20 15:44:49 EDT 2016

Dear Faculty,

This is a very interesting program and one that may be of interest or use to some of you.

best,
Mark

Mark Crovella
Professor and Chair
Department of Computer Science
Boston University
http://www.cs.bu.edu/~crovella/

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marisa DiSarno <msspcon at bu.edu<mailto:msspcon at bu.edu>>
Subject: Statistical Consulting @ BU Now Open for AY16-17
Date: October 20, 2016 at 1:00:45 PM EDT
To: <jbizup at bu.edu<mailto:jbizup at bu.edu>>, <msoren at bu.edu<mailto:msoren at bu.edu>>, <mohr at bu.edu<mailto:mohr at bu.edu>>, <msoren at bu.edu<mailto:msoren at bu.edu>>, <jspring at bu.edu<mailto:jspring at bu.edu>>, <matthies at bu.edu<mailto:matthies at bu.edu>>, <sa at bu.edu<mailto:sa at bu.edu>>, <mcollins at bu.edu<mailto:mcollins at bu.edu>>, <bickart at bu.edu<mailto:bickart at bu.edu>>, <sscully at bu.edu<mailto:sscully at bu.edu>>, <kvincent at bu.edu<mailto:kvincent at bu.edu>>, <casp8 at bu.edu<mailto:casp8 at bu.edu>>, <wsamuels at bu.edu<mailto:wsamuels at bu.edu>>, <jheineke at bu.edu<mailto:jheineke at bu.edu>>, <lbaird at bu.edu<mailto:lbaird at bu.edu>>, <wckarl at bu.edu<mailto:wckarl at bu.edu>>, <wjcoster at bu.edu<mailto:wjcoster at bu.edu>>, <rspenc at bu.edu<mailto:rspenc at bu.edu>>, <lziegler at bu.edu<mailto:lziegler at bu.edu>>, <crovella at bu.edu<mailto:crovella at bu.edu>>, <marchant at bu.edu<mailto:marchant at bu.edu>>, <blipman at bu.edu<mailto:blipman at bu.edu>>, <molee at bu.edu<mailto:molee at bu.edu>>, <ferleger at bu.edu<mailto:ferleger at bu.edu>>, <ludwig at buphy.bu.edu<mailto:ludwig at buphy.bu.edu>>, <dmayers at bu.edu<mailto:dmayers at bu.edu>>, <somers at bu.edu<mailto:somers at bu.edu>>, <nkibria at bu.edu<mailto:nkibria at bu.edu>>, <rovella at bu.edu<mailto:rovella at bu.edu>>, <eblanton at bu.edu<mailto:eblanton at bu.edu>>, <yeh at bu.edu<mailto:yeh at bu.edu>>, <vschmidt at bu.edu<mailto:vschmidt at bu.edu>>, <edevoe at bu.edu<mailto:edevoe at bu.edu>>, <sre at bu.edu<mailto:sre at bu.edu>>, <anajam at bu.edu<mailto:anajam at bu.edu>>, <runnels at bu.edu<mailto:runnels at bu.edu>>, <mueser at bu.edu<mailto:mueser at bu.edu>>, <kanelson at bu.edu<mailto:kanelson at bu.edu>>, <szawacki at bu.edu<mailto:szawacki at bu.edu>>

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to let you know that MSSP Consulting<http://sites.bu.edu/mssp-consulting/> -- providing statistical services to the university -- is now open for business for the 2016-17 academic year. Could I ask that you please forward this email to any faculty and/or graduate students that might be interested in statistical consulting services?

Our MSSP Consulting serves as both a resource to the university and a context within which students in our MSSP Program gain practical experience (as a required aspect of their degree program). We currently offer three levels at which members of the BU community may engage with us:
•      `One-and-done' (short question/answer sessions of < 30-60 minutes)
•      Limited-duration (more extended consultation work, limited to roughly 10-20 hours)
•      Collaborative (more substantial, potentially open-ended work of a collaborative nature)
Consulting may be initiated through the web-based form on our website<http://sites.bu.edu/mssp-consulting/request-a-consultation/> .  Initial meetings typically are scheduled within a week of request.

Statistical questions both small and large are encouraged!  Each consulting project is resourced with 2-3 MSSP consultants, led by a PhD student mentor.  All projects are overseen by statistics faculty in our MSSP program.

For more information about our services, please visit our MSSP Consulting website<http://sites.bu.edu/mssp-consulting/>. Thanks for your help in getting this information out to any that you think might like to avail themselves of statistical consulting services.

With kind regards,

Eric Kolaczyk

Eric D. Kolaczyk
Professor