[Cs-affiliates] Spring 2017 TF/TA candidates (short on TF/TAs!)

Matta, Abraham I matta at bu.edu
Thu Dec 8 18:21:41 EST 2016

Hi everyone, following up on our TF crisis from yesterday’s discussion… Below is an updated list of TF and TA candidates. FYI, the target number of TFs (and TAs) for spring is 31!

Only 18 PhD students so far, candidates for TF. Again, please email me ASAP if you have other PhD students to add to the TF list, before we start considering MS/MA students for TA (or possibly PhD/MA students from other departments, e.g. Math – more on this below).

So far, we have 8 requests for TA, 5 of which are recommended by faculty (see below). Considering those 5 recommendations, that would bring the number to 23 TF/TAs, so still short 8 TF/TAs. I would really like us to hire TF/TAs who we know are good, so please let me know if you can recommend strong MS students to serve as TA.

NOTE: it is also possible to hire PhD (or MS/MA) students from other departments (e.g., Math), given CAS approval. Let me know if you know of any who are strong and willing, and we can try. THANKS.

    PhDs (18 TF candidates)
    =================
Tomislav Petrovic
Qiaobin Fu
Hanwen Wu
Rawane Issa
Kinan Dak
Craig Einstein
Weicheng Ma
Xiao Zhou
Kun He
Maryam Ghasemi
Zhuoqun Cheng
Katherine Zhao
Soham Sinha
Mark Lemay
Hannah Flynn
Wenxin Feng
Jim Cadden
Sanaz Bahargam

    MS/MA (requests for TA positions) – 5 recommended
Gautam Bhat
Kai Bernardini (recommended by Matta)
Anirvan Maiti
Maulik Shah
Stephanie Alibrandi Ferrari (recommended by Matta)
Javier Arguello Sosa (recommended by Matta)
Daniel Valentine (recommended by Snyder)
Yiteng Xu (recommended by Lorenzo, MA Math student)