[Cs-affiliates] Fall 2016 Computer Science grader applications now open

Devits, Christopher R cdevits at bu.edu
Mon Aug 15 08:32:02 EDT 2016

Dear CS Students,

The department is now accepting applications for grader positions for Fall 2016. If you are interested please submit your application at https://www.cs.bu.edu/news/graders.shtml. Please look at the University Class Schedule for a list of CS courses being offered in Fall 2016. (Note in the “Course Choice” section CS131 is listed as CS113; and if your are interested in a course offered in Fall 2016 that is not listed as a choice option please mention that course in the comments section). We are in particular need of students who can grade for courses at the 200, 300, 400, and 500 levels.

Grader positions pay $650 for the semester, and details regarding specific grader responsibilities are available from the instructors for each course. We will review applications on a rolling basis, and will aim to notify selected students sometime during the first week of classes.

Graders are very important contributors to the departmental teaching mission, and we value the investment of time and effort our graders make each semester. We have some very basic and common sense expectations for graders, namely you will be expected to:

  *   Carry out all assigned duties in a timely fashion,  which means meeting the assigned deadlines given by the instructor
  *   If for some reason you are unable to meet a deadline, we ask you notify the instructor in advance if there will be a delay and reason why
  *   Respond to all emails from the course instructor and teaching fellow

We hope many of you will apply, as we have many positions to fill. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us and thank you in advance for your willingness to help.

Christopher DeVits
Department Administrator
Computer Science
111 Cummington Street, Room 140D