[Busec] Tomorrow (Wed 9/13) 2-4 pm: Dakshita Khurana on Oblivious Transfer

Leonid Reyzin reyzin at cs.bu.edu
Tue Sep 12 09:52:19 EDT 2017

*Date and time:* Wed 9/13, 2-4pm.
*Location:* Boston University, MCS building, room 148
*Speaker:* Dakshita Khurana
*Title: *The virtues of two-message OT
*Abstract:*
This talk will be centered around some of the recent techniques that use
two-message oblivious transfer (OT) to obtain two-message cryptographic
protocols.
(1) We will describe new techniques which help prove that simple
two-message arguments built using OT, satisfy strong privacy guarantees. The
include variants of distributional weak zero-knowledge, strong witness
indistinguishability and witness hiding in the delayed-input setting.
(2) We will also discuss how two-message OT helps obtain non-malleability,
which has further implications to two-message argument systems with strong
forms of privacy.

based on joint works with Abhishek Jain, Yael Kalai, Ron Rothblum and Amit
Sahai.

Lunch will be provided

NOTE: this talk is part of the Crypto Reading Group series. The choice of
Wed is for this week only; vote for the day at https://beta.doodle.com/pol
l/t8qmgvppmvpxuv88  if you haven't done so yet. Not all talks will be
announced here; to join the mailing list, click https://groups.google.co
m/forum/#!forum/boston-crypto-reading-group-2017/join