[Busec] Fwd: UN report on big data and privacy

Adam Smith ads22 at bu.edu
Wed Nov 1 22:59:47 EDT 2017

Some of you may be interested in a draft UN report on the right to privacy
by the "Special Rapporteur on Privacy" and the "Big Data Open Taskforce".

The draft report is now posted, and is open for comments. I do not know how
influential a report like this is, but let me know if you are interested in
discussing. Perhaps it can be a topic for a BUSec Wednesday morning when we
do not have an external speaker.

They do not have a formal process for comments, but Vanessa Teague (one of
the authors, and a person with a crypto/security background) is interested
in receiving feedback.

Adam