[Busec] Today at 10:30: Yilei Chen

Leonid Reyzin reyzin at cs.bu.edu
Fri Mar 3 09:41:36 EST 2017

This Friday at 10:30 we have our own Yilei Chen talking about one of his
Eurocrypt 2017 papers. Lunch to follow.

Friday, March 3, 10:30 AM
Hariri Institute for Computing Seminar room MCS 180, 111 Cummington Mall

Cryptanalyses of candidate branching program obfuscators

Abstract:

Cryptographic multilinear maps (graded encodings) and program obfuscation
are fascinating tools. Their births opened a new way of thinking in
cryptography. However, very little is known about the concrete security of
these new candidate constructions. In this talk I will describe the
candidate branching-program obfuscator proposed by Garg, Gentry, Halevi,
Raykova, Sahai and Waters (GGHRSW, FOCS 2013), and show how we break it in
certain settings.

Based on joint work with Craig Gentry and Shai Halevi.
https://eprint.iacr.org/2016/998