[Busec] Reminder: Today 10:30 @ Hariri: Yilei Chen Cryptanalyzes Obfuscators

Ran Canetti canetti at bu.edu
Fri Mar 3 08:50:22 EST 2017

This Friday at 10:30 we have our own Yilei Chen talking about his
Eurocrypt 2017 paper. Lunch to follow.

Friday, March 3, 10:30 AM
Hariri Institute for Computing Seminar room MCS 180, 111 Cummington Mall

Cryptanalyses of candidate branching program obfuscators

Abstract:

Cryptographic multilinear maps (graded encodings) and program
obfuscation are fascinating tools. Their births opened a new way of
thinking in cryptography. However, very little is known about the
concrete security of these new candidate constructions. In this talk I
will describe the candidate branching-program obfuscator proposed by
Garg, Gentry, Halevi, Raykova, Sahai and Waters (GGHRSW, FOCS 2013), and
show how we break it in certain settings.

Based on joint work with Craig Gentry and Shai Halevi.
https://eprint.iacr.org/2016/998 <https://eprint.iacr.org/2016/998>

BUsec Calendar: http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/ <http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/>