[Busec] Fwd: Cybersecurity Summer Program

Sharon Goldberg sharon.goldbe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:23:20 EST 2017

FYI!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frank Wang <frankw at mit.edu>
Date: Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:20 PM

The Cybersecurity Factory <http://cybersecurityfactory.com/> is a 10-week
summer program in collaboration with Highland Capital Partners that gives
teams a $35,000 convertible note investment, office space, and dedicated
security mentorship from industry leaders
<https://cybersecurityfactory.com/#inmentors> at companies like Rapid7,
Imprivata, Akamai, Carbon Black, Cybereason, and SAP. We help early stage
security companies through 1) providing the support and mentoring to help
teams with business and product strategy 2) building a network of
entrepreneurs and investors to identify key opportunities in the security
market.

During the summer, each team will work closely with our security mentors
and potential customers to produce and improve a marketable prototype. To
have a better sense of Cybersecurity Factory summer experience, here are
stories from teams that have participated in the past: Pixm
<https://medium.com/cybersecurity-factory/summer-2016-at-cybersecurity-factory-e09e7e10b395#.3ia762ujs>
, Flare
<https://medium.com/cybersecurity-factory/a-ten-week-startup-c486ac1056#.8rzlk2thv>,
and Stealthmine (formerly Aikicrypt)
<https://medium.com/cybersecurity-factory/you-can-t-start-a-company-at-your-desk-12ceb2443484#.5rco0capg>
.

The program dates are 6/12-8/18. More information about the program is
available on the website <http://cybersecurityfactory.com>. Applications
are now open <https://cybersecurityfactory.wufoo.com/forms/qt8cv0t1hgi4up/>!
The early deadline is 3/6, and we will accept applications on a rolling
basis until 3/20.

If anyone has questions about Cybersecurity Factory, don’t hesitate to
email us at team at cybersecurityfactory.com.

--
---