[Busec] busec seminar: Ranjit Kumaresan (Wed 10am)

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Thu Sep 15 13:47:51 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Join us next Wednesday for the first busec seminar of the year. Ranjit will
tell us about privacy-preserving smart contracts. As usual, lunch follows
seminar.  Hope to see you all!

******

Privacy-Preserving Smart Contracts
Speaker: Ranjit Kumaresan, MIT
Time: September 21, 2016, 10-11:30am
Place: Hariri Seminar Room at 111 Cummington St, Boston MA

Abstract:
Cryptographic technologies such as encryption and authentication provide
stability to modern electronic commerce. Recent technologies such as
Bitcoin  have the potential to further enhance the way we conduct
electronic commerce. In this talk, I will describe my work in developing a
robust theory of privacy-preserving contracts that are self-enforcing and
do not require third-party intervention. Starting from Bitcoin-inspired
abstractions, the theory enables building provably secure and scalable
applications on top of cryptocurrencies.