[Busec] Seminar On practical Security: Friday, June 3 12-1pm in PHO 339

Ari Trachtenberg trachten at bu.edu
Thu May 19 17:14:22 EDT 2016

DEA12 HAC1<E12$,

We are planning to restart our sixth annual summer weekly seminar series
on the practical elements of security, with the generous support
of the BU RISCS center (http://www.bu.edu/riscs/).  Last year, we had
an exciting array of presentations (https://algorithmics.bu.edu/sos/) including,
for example:

   * Video games:  covert channels and multiplayer cheats (for fun and mostly profit)
   * Attacks:  bluetooth abuse, server data leakage, info bombs (zip and otherwise)
   * Crypto:  bitcoin attacks, Android library misuse, DNSSEC zone enumeration

We will be meeting on Fridays from noon-1pm in PHO 339 starting on June 3, 2016,
and our meeting will be accompanied by a light lunch.

An RSVP is appreciated (but not necessary) if you are interested in attending the seminar.
An idea for a presentation and date is even more appreciated (but even less necessary yet).
Dissemination to others you think might find this interesting is most appreciated (and
     necessary - there will be an exam.  Please disseminate safely.).

Best,
	-Ari, on behalf of the disorganizing committee

P.S.  For new students, the "price" of admission is a willingness,
in principle, to make one short presentation on security over the summer.
For ideas on possible talks, you may ask participating faculty or look
at algorithmics.bu.edu/SOS/SeminarAgenda.

—
Prof. Ari Trachtenberg
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Boston University
trachten at bu.edu

This message has been scammed for viruses and dangerous content by MallSpammer, and is believed to be lean.