[Busec] Cybersecurity Factory: 10 week summer startup program, register by 3/21

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Tue Jan 12 15:08:18 EST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ethan Heilman <eth3rs at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 3:04 PM
Subject: The Cybersecurity Factory
To: Sharon Goldberg <goldbe at cs.bu.edu>

The Cybersecurity Factory <http://cybersecurityfactory.com/> is an 10-week
summer program in collaboration with Highland Capital Partners that gives
teams a $20,000 convertible note investment, office space, and security
mentorship from industry leaders at companies like Cisco, Imprivata,
Akamai, and SAP. We help early stage security companies through 1)
providing the support and mentoring to transform technical ideas into a
commercial solution and 2) building a network of entrepreneurs and
investors interested in security companies.

We had a successful pilot program last year, and we are running it again!
Here are the stories from the two teams that participated in our pilot
program: Aikicrypt
<https://medium.com/cybersecurity-factory/you-can-t-start-a-company-at-your-desk-12ceb2443484#.iggrilwqz>
and Oblivilock
<https://medium.com/cybersecurity-factory/piloting-our-startup-during-cybersecurity-factory-s-pilot-summer-29952b2892d6#.rjb5d6wj7>
.

This year, we are introducing a pilot program
<https://medium.com/cybersecurity-factory/industry-partnership-pilot-program-for-cybersecurity-factory-2016-a7a367b4f726#.7hduhwzbt>
where a team will work closely with an industry partner to produce a
relevant security solution. Our partners this year are Akamai and
Imprivata. We hope to add more partners before the summer!