[Busec] Fwd: Cybersecurity club that students might be interested in

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Tue Aug 30 14:21:22 EDT 2016

BUSEC, see below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eugene Kolo <eugenek at bu.edu>
Date: Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 10:44 PM
Subject: Cybersecurity club that students might be interested in
To: goldbe at cs.bu.edu

​​Hi Professor Goldberg,

Would you be willing to advertise in any of the classes you're teaching
this year for me, or potentially any other interested group?

I organize a cybersecurity club at BU, named 0xBU (https://0xbu.com). We
focus on workshops that teach students cyber security skills hands on, as
well as competing in capture the flag (CTF) competitions (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_the_flag#Computer_security).

Last semester I believe you added us to the BUsec calendar, if you could do
so again this semester, it would be appreciated. Additionally if you can
I've prepared a small blurb that can be emailed out to potentially
interested students:

0xBU (https://0xbu.com) will be continuing this semester! 0xBU is a
practical *cybersecurity club* that revolves around learning through hands
on activities, including r*everse engineering, digital forensics, patching
of vulnerable systems, applied cryptography, and exploitation of systems.* Our
primary vehicle to these interests is through *Capture The Flag (CTF)
competitions/games* (https://ctftime.org). Our first meeting will be Sat. *Sept
10 @ 12PM (noon) in 111 Cummington Mall, Room B26*.

Thank you!
Eugene