[Busec] Fwd: Security Track @ NANOG 67 Call for Participation

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Thu Apr 14 17:35:49 EDT 2016

Calling all security researchers :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Kristoff <jtk at cymru.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 5:19 PM
Subject: Security Track @ NANOG 67 Call for Participation
To: nanog at nanog.org

[ Apologies if you saw this elsewhere already - jtk ]

Friends, colleagues, fellow operators,

The network security track, formerly known as the ISP security BoF,
may be on the agenda at NANOG 67 in Chicago and if we can put together a
reasonable agenda I may be your track facilitator.

We not only seek your participation, but we are also interested you
contributing to the track content.  If you have an idea or if you know
someone who might like to present, discuss or conduct a demonstration
of something, we want to hear from you.  Here is an incomplete list of
relevant topics to stir your thoughts:

  * Privacy-related issues and topics
  * DDoS attacks and mitigation
  * Internet of Things and security
  * Government regulatory and compliance issues
  * IPv6 considerations
  * abuse@ management and war stories
  * 802.11 authentication, authorization and accounting
  * New security software projects and tools (non-commercial)
  * BGPSEC and RPKI
  * The latest in protocol abuse
  * <insert your new cool tool or idea here>

John