[Busec] [BUsec] tomorrow Yilei Chen (10am)

Foteini Baldimtsi foteini at baldimtsi.com
Tue Oct 20 22:12:58 EDT 2015

Join us for our weekly seminar tomorrow at 10am. Our own Yilei Chen, a PhD
student at BU, is giving a talk on his recent work on the Correlation
Intractability of Obfuscated Pseudorandom Functions. Lunch will follow.

See you all tomorrow!

BUsec Calendar:  http:// <http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/>www.bu.edu
<http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/>/ <http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/>cs
<http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/>/ <http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/>busec
<http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/>/ <http://www.bu.edu/cs/busec/>

Title: On the Correlation Intractability of Obfuscated Pseudorandom
Functions

Yilei Chen. BU.

Hariri Seminar Room

Wednesday Oct 21, 10-11am

Abstract: A family of hash functions is called ``correlation intractable''
if it is hard to find, given a random function in the family, an
input-output pair that satisfies any ``sparse'' relation, namely any
relation that is hard to satisfy for truly random functions. Correlation
intractability captures a strong and natural Random Oracle-like property.
However, it is widely considered to be unobtainable. Indeed, it was shown
that correlation intractable functions do not exist for some length
parameters [Canetti, Goldreich and Halevi, J.ACM 04]. Furthermore, no
candidate constructions have been proposed in the literature for any
setting of the parameters.

We construct a correlation intractable function ensemble that withstands
all relations with a priori bounded polynomial complexity. We assume the
existence of sub-exponentially secure indistinguishability obfuscators,
puncturable pseudorandom functions, and input-hiding obfuscators for
evasive circuits. The existence of the latter is implied by
Virtual-Grey-Box obfuscation for evasive circuits [Bitansky et al, CRYPTO
14]

https <https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/334>://
<https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/334>eprint.iacr.org
<https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/334>/2015/334
<https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/334>

Joint work with: Ran Canetti and Leonid Reyzin