[Busec] project opportunity/ request - BitPatient - blockchain for healthcare data

Sevan Chorluyan sevanchorluyan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 22:14:20 EST 2015

Hi all,

I'm a BU graduate from SAR'11 & BUSPH'12. I studied health science and have
a masters in public health. I'm currently employed as a healthcare IT
consultant.

I am also a Bitcoin enthusiast. As a healthcare expert, I see no reason why
the bitcoin blockchain protocol can't be tweaked and modified to store,
transmit, and access healthcare data. Probably even more so than in the
financial sector, the current healthcare IT system is totally bonkers. As a
quick thought experiment ask yourself if you can think of a single useful
healthcare app...

There isn't one. Mainly because the data structure and corresponding
regulatory system is so restrictive and unresponsive to the needs of
patients and providers. There is a huge need and once we start building
this thing, people will jump on board.

Ok, great, so why am I telling you this?

I want to build a team to start developing and building out the BitPatient
protocol. www.bitpatient.com

I am currently soliciting different groups around Boston to build a team
for MIT's hacking medicine. Ideally, I would like to start on this project
sooner than that.

This is a big, long term project. If you have any time to devote, helpful
advice or suggestions, and/or contacts you can provide, I would be very
grateful. If you've ever had interest in building a cryptographic
system/protocol, or working in healthcare IT, or just plain want to build
something really disruptive, I think this is a good project for that.

If you have any questions, PLEASE reach out. If there is enough interest
generated perhaps we can schedule a meeting to discuss further with the
group.

Best,

Sevan

--