[Busec] [BUsec] next week Sophia Yakoubov, BU (Wed 10am)

Foteini Baldimtsi foteini at baldimtsi.com
Fri Dec 4 20:24:15 EST 2015

Join us for the BUsec seminar next Wednesday. Sophia Yakoubov, PhD student
at BU, will be talking about her recent work on cryptographic accumulators.

Lunch will follow!

Foteini

Title: Modular Cryptographic Accumulators
Speaker: Sophia Yakoubov
Hariri
Wednesday Dec. 9nd, 10am

Cryptographic accumulators provide a compact commitment to a set. Most
allow additions of set members; some (known as “dynamic accumulators”) also
allow deletions. All allow proofs of membership; some (known as “universal
accumulators”) also allow proofs of nonmembership. In this talk, we provide
a unified view of accumulator functionalities and reductions between them.
We then use this unified view to construct two new accumulators (both
dynamic) with greater efficiency than existing constructions. As an
application, we show how to use our new accumulators to build efficient
anonymous membership management.