[Busec] Fwd: Differential Privacy Meeting Announcement

Leonid Reyzin reyzin at cs.bu.edu
Fri Aug 28 15:33:37 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mavon, Kimia <kmavon at g.harvard.edu>

Dear Researchers,

I would like to extend an invitation to those interested in *Differential
Privacy* to join Harvard's Differential Privacy Meetings. These meetings
are housed within the Privacy Tools Project
<http://privacytools.seas.harvard.edu/>, a broad, multidisciplinary effort
to help enable the collection, analysis, and sharing of personal data for
research in social science and other fields while providing privacy for
individual subjects.

The goals of the Differential Privacy research group are to:

   - Design and implement differentially private tools that will enable
   social scientists to share useful statistical information about sensitive
   datasets.
   - Integrate these tools with the widely-used platforms developed by The
   Institute for Quantitative Social Science for sharing and exploring
   research data.
   - Advance the theory of differential privacy in a variety of settings,
   including statistical analysis (e.g. statistical estimation, regression,
   and answering many statistical queries), machine learning, and economic
   mechanism design.
   - More information on the differential privacy project is available
   here. <http://privacytools.seas.harvard.edu/differential-privacy>

Meetings will rotate between seminar-style presentations, in which an
individual presents a technical topic related to Differential Privacy with
Q&A, to project-related items. *Meetings are every-other Monday at 9:00AM
in Maxwell Dworkin (33 Oxford St, Cambridge) unless otherwise e-mailed. *We
also can virtually host those out of state with video conferencing tools.
Meetings will occur on 8/31, 9/14, 9/28, tentatively 10/12, 10/26, 11/9,
11/23, 12/7, and tentatively 12/21.

If you would like to join our meetings, *please keep an eye out for emails
announcing the agenda through the PrivacyTools-DP mailing list. *To join
this list:
- Go to this page,
<https://lists.seas.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/privacytools-dp> and
include your email under "Subscribing to PrivacyTools-DP"
or
-Email KMavon at seas.harvard.edu indicating you'd like to be subscribed

We hope to see you at one of our upcoming meetings!

Best,
Kimia Mavon
Project Coordinator