[Busec] busec next week: Moses Liskov (Wed 10am) ***NOTE!! TIME CHANGE!!!***

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Tue Mar 25 18:42:24 EDT 2014

At tomorrow's seminar, we will have Moses Liskov from MITRE discussing a
crypto protocol analysis tool. We will have lunch in the lab after the
talk. See you there!

*** DUE TO SCHEDULING CONFLICTS, WE START AT 10AM ***

(Not 10:30 as in earlier announcements; sorry for this...);

 How to get to BU from MIT: The CT2 bus or MIT's "Boston Daytime Shuttle"
http://web.mit.edu/facilities/transportation/shuttles/daytime_boston.html

****
CPSA: An Accessible Protocol Analysis and Design Tool
Moses Liskov. MITRE.
Wed, March 26, 10:00am - 11:00am
MCS137

The Cryptographic Protocol Shapes Analyzer (CPSA) is an open-source tool
that attempts to enumerate all essentially different possible executions of
a protocol given some initial assumptions.  We call such executions the
"shapes" of the protocol.  Many naturally occurring protocols have only
finitely many, indeed very few shapes.  Flaws in a protocol's design can be
observed clearly in the shapes.  This allows a protocol designer to obtain
frequent feedback during the design process, even without a rigorous
articulation of the protocol's security goals.