[Busec] busec next week: Moses Liskov (Wed 10:30am)

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Fri Mar 21 13:30:05 EDT 2014

At next week's seminar, we will have Moses Liskov from MITRE discussing a
crypto protocol analysis tool; we will start at bit later (10:30AM on
Wednesday) followed by lunch in the BUSEC lab. See you there!

 How to get to BU from MIT: The CT2 bus or MIT's "Boston Daytime Shuttle"
http://web.mit.edu/facilities/transportation/shuttles/daytime_boston.html

****
CPSA: An Accessible Protocol Analysis and Design Tool
Moses Liskov. MITRE.
Wed, March 26, 10:30am - 11:30am
MCS137

The Cryptographic Protocol Shapes Analyzer (CPSA) is an open-source tool
that attempts to enumerate all essentially different possible executions of
a protocol given some initial assumptions.  We call such executions the
"shapes" of the protocol.  Many naturally occurring protocols have only
finitely many, indeed very few shapes.  Flaws in a protocol's design can be
observed clearly in the shapes.  This allows a protocol designer to obtain
frequent feedback during the design process, even without a rigorous
articulation of the protocol's security goals.