[Busec] Seminar On practical Security: Monday, June 9 in PHO 339, noon-1pm

Ari Trachtenberg trachten at bu.edu
Fri Jun 6 15:45:12 EDT 2014

We continue our seminar this Monday, June 9 from noon-1pm in PHO 339,
title and speaker appended.  The seminar web page
(http://algorithmics.bu.edu/sos) also contains:

* The current schedule of seminars.  Please e-mail me your
title/abstract/bio
  at least one week before your presentation.  If you don't know what
to present,
  talk to one of the faculty at the seminar.  Last week we had:
     Prof. Clem Karl (wckarl at bu.edu)
     Prof. Guevara Noubir (lastname at ccs dot neu dot edu)
     Prof. David Starobinski (staro at bu.edu)
     Prof. Ari Trachtenberg (trachten at bu.edu)
     Prof. Yuting Zhang (danazh(at)bu(dot)edu)
  We also have a number of slots still available for presentations, so
let me know
  if you're interested.
* Links to BU-licensed Blackhat/Defcon videos

Hope to see you on Monday!
best,
	-Ari
- ---
Speaker:  Ari Trachtenberg (no one else signed up for June 9 :-)

Title1:  Smartphone Attacks, teine osa
Abstract1:  We will continue our description of potential attacks on
modern
   smartphones from last week, including attacks on: baseband
processor, agps,
   adapaters, sensors, and laws.

Title2:  Deniable Encryption
Abstract2:  We will discuss the technical ability to lie convincingly
about the
   contents of a file, using an implementation based on our research into
   the problem of set reconciliation based on information-theoretic
(rather than
   computational) guarantees of security.  This talk will be adapted
from my
   presentation at Blackhat Asia 2014.

- --
Prof. Ari Trachtenberg                  ECE, Boston University
trachten at bu.edu                    http://people.bu.edu/trachten