[Busec] Fwd: 2014 Better Government Competition

Ran Canetti canetti at bu.edu
Wed Feb 5 16:35:02 EST 2014

Go for it!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	2014 Better Government Competition
Date: 	Tue, 4 Feb 2014 16:29:45 +0000
From: 	Kayla Fory <kfory at pioneerinstitute.org>
To: 	'canetti at tau.ac.il' <canetti at tau.ac.il>

Good morning Professor Canetti,

I would like to share with you information regarding our Better
Government Competition. It is a crowdsourcing effort by which we pool
innovative ideas to improve public policy. Our theme this year is
leveraging technology to improve the public sector: a topic that invites
experts from a range of backgrounds—from tech start-ups to scholars. In
light of your academic work, we encourage you to submit an entry that
explores your area of expertise as it coincides with the topic.

It would be a perfect opportunity for you and your colleagues to be
recognized for your innovative ideas and have a positive impact. The
winning entries are promoted to government officials as part of our
effort to improve government through innovative ideas. The grand-prize
winner each year is awarded *$10,000* while four runners-up each
receive $1,000. We will also publish winning papers and showcase them at
a June 2014 awards dinner in Boston featuring a speaker of note.

It would be a great pleasure for us at the Pioneer Institute to have you
as a participant this year. This is a link to our guidelines
http://bgc.pioneerinstitute.org/guideline/. If you have any questions,
please contact me at/kfory at pioneerinstitute.org
<mailto:kfory at pioneerinstitute.org>/. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

*Kayla Fory*

/Research and Outreach Intern/

kfory at pioneerinstitute.org <mailto:kfory at pioneerinstitute.org>

185 Devonshire Street, Ste. 1101, Boston, MA 02110

<http://www.pioneerinstitute.org/index.php>

Enter the 2014 Better Government Competition
<http://bgc.pioneerinstitute.org/>*: *“LEVERAGING TECHNOLOGY TO
TRANSFORM THE PUBLIC SECTOR.”*Your idea could win $10,000! *

/Want to make an impact on public policy in the Bay State and beyond?
*Become a member today! <http://pioneerinstitute.org/get-involved/>*/