[Busec] Reminder: Sanjam Garg tomorrow (Friday) 1pm @BU

Ran Canetti canetti at bu.edu
Thu Nov 21 18:43:35 EST 2013

Friday Nov 22, 12:30-2PM MCS137

*** The usual awesome sandwiches at 12:30 at the crypto lounge ***

Title: Candidate Indistinguishability Obfuscation for all circuits and
its Applications

Sanjam Garg. IBM.

Abstract: Indistinguishability obfuscation requires that given any two
equivalent circuits C_0 and C_1 of similar size, the obfuscations of C_0
and C_1 should be computationally indistinguishable. In this talk I will
give a construction for indistinguishability obfuscation that supports
all polynomial-size circuits and talk about its applications:

- I will describe a candidate construction for indistinguishability
obfuscation for NC1 circuits based on multilinear maps.

- I will show how to use indistinguishability obfuscation for NC1
together with Fully Homomorphic Encryption (with decryption in NC1) to
achieve indistinguishability obfuscation for all circuits.

- Finally, I will show how indistinguishability obfuscation for circuits
can be used to realize many applications such as functional encryption
and witness encryption.

(Join work with Craig Gentry, Shai Halevi, Mariana Raykova, Amit Sahai
and Brent Waters)