[Busec] Seminar On practical Security

Ari Trachtenberg trachten at bu.edu
Fri May 24 12:25:24 EDT 2013

Dear haCkeR$ At 1ArGe,

	We are planning to restart our summer weekly seminar series
on the practical elements of security, with the generous support
of the MET college through the RISCS center.  Last year, we had
an exciting array of presentations including, for example:

   * Webpage exploitation via local file inclusion
   * Breaking Tor anonymity using TCP traffic crafting
   * Network-destabilizing attacks based on the Border Gateway Protocol

	Our first meeting will be on Monday, June 10 in PHO 339.  It will be largely
an organizational meeting, accompanied by a light lunch and a brief synopsis
of some faculty research in the area and results from Blackhat 2012.

	Please RSVP, if possible, if you are interested in attending the seminar.

	Best,
		-Ari

P.S.  For students who are new this year, the "price" of admission to the
seminar is a willingness, in principle, to make one short presentation on security
over the summer.  BU has a site license to Blackhat 2012 videos
(http://algorithmics.bu.edu/bh12/) and Defcon 2012 videos
(http://algorithmics.bu.edu/dc12/) that you can peruse to get presentation ideas.

--
Prof. Ari Trachtenberg                  ECE, Boston University
trachten at bu.edu                    http://people.bu.edu/trachten