[Busec] Mini CTF @ BU April 6

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Thu Mar 21 13:51:06 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Our own BUILDs is hosting a CTF at BU on April 6.  Spread the word!

From: Leek, Timothy - 0559 - MITLL <tleek at ll.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Subject: MIT LL Mini CTF @ BU April 6
To: "Leek, Timothy - 0559 - MITLL" <tleek at ll.mit.edu>
Cc: "mitllctf-org at mit.edu" <mitllctf-org at mit.edu>

MINI CTF APRIL 6 MINI CTF APRIL 6 MINI CTF APRIL 6 MINI CTF APRIL 6 MINI
CTF APRIL 6 MINI CTF APRIL 6

TIME: 1-4 pm, April 6
PLACE: Boston University, Math and Computer Science Building, 111
Cummington Mall

On Saturday, April 6, 1-4pm, Boston University's BUILDS will host and MIT
Lincoln Laboratory will run a mini Capture-The-Flag event to promote
interest in and educate students about computer security.  This is a
low-stress non-competition.  No prizes will be awarded!  Instead, the
emphasis here is on education.  The challenges will be reverse-engineering
ones of varying difficulty.   The basic format and rough timetable for
this mini-CTF will be

1-1:30Overview of RE and demonstration of tools and techniques
1:30-3:30RE like crazy.  RE experts will help if you are stuck!  Online
scoreboard indicating winning team
3:30-4Brief "How I did it" presentations by successful RE teams

There are no prerequisites to participate.  Please consider joining us!
There are also no official limits on attendance.  However, space is finite
and an RSVP to this email would be helpful for us to gauge interest and
plan room.

Cheers.

CTF Mgmt

p.s. For more information about previous MIT LL Capture-The_Flags, see
https://wikis.mit.edu/confluence/display/MITLLCTF