[Busec] FW: postdoctoral scholar position in mHealth security & privacy

Bestavros, Azer best at bu.edu
Mon Jun 24 17:51:52 EDT 2013

From: David Kotz [mailto:kotz at cs.dartmouth.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 4:38 PM
To: David Kotz
Subject: postdoctoral scholar position in mHealth security & privacy

            [please forward to anyone who may be interested]

Postdoctoral scholar position
mHealth group, Professor David Kotz<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/>
Department of Computer Science<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/> at Dartmouth<http://www.dartmouth.edu/>

I am looking for a sharp graduate to join my team<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/people.html> as a postdoc, in fall 2013. The postdoc would be a fellow of the Institute for Security, Technology, and Society<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/>, contingent on availability of funding.

The postdoc will be involved in our research on security & privacy for healthcare information systems; in particular, my group is working on secure methods for use of mobile computing and wearable sensors in the context of healthcare (mHealth). See our recent papers<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/papers/index.html#mhealth>. As such, the postdoc would join an inter-disciplinary team working on four funded projects, primarily from NSF (Trustworthy Information Systems for Healthcare (TISH)<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/projects/tish.html>) and HHS (Strategic Healthcare Information Technology Advanced Research Projects on Security<http://healthit.hhs.gov/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=1806&mode=2> (SHARPS<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/sharps.org>)).

The candidate must have finished his or her Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, have deep experience with mobile/ubiquitous computing, security, or privacy, have experience planning and conducting experimental computer systems research, and be an excellent programmer. Ideal candidates will also have experience with embedded computing, sensor networks, machine learning, or HCI.

Dartmouth College<http://www.dartmouth.edu/> is an Ivy League university with graduate programs in the sciences, engineering, medicine, and business. It is located in the beautiful town of Hanover NH, about two hours northwest of Boston.

Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity employer.

Interested candidates should send their vita (pdf, please), and arrange to have three letters of reference sent directly to
Professor David Kotz by email to kotz-at-cs.dartmouth.edu<http://cs.dartmouth.edu>.

Those applications arriving by July 15, 2013 will receive first consideration.
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/postdoc.html
Professor David Kotz<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/>
Champion International Professor
Professor of Computer Science