[Busec] Fwd: Scholarships for Summer School on Power/Smart Grid Cybersecurity

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Wed Feb 20 08:04:48 EST 2013

FYI

*From:* "Soliday, Cheri Lynn" <csoliday at illinois.edu>
*Date:* February 19, 2013 8:37:49 PM EST
*To:* "Soliday, Cheri Lynn" <csoliday at illinois.edu>
*Subject:* *Scholarships for Summer School on Power/Smart Grid Cybersecurity
*

   [image: Description: Description: TCIPG Summer
School]<http://tcipg.org/2013-summer-school>
****

** **

Faculty and Students,****

** **

The Trustworthy Cyber Infrastructure for the Power Grid (TCIPG) center is
excited to offer our third summer school, to be held June 17-21, 2013 at
the Q Center in St. Charles, Illinois! We invite and encourage utility and
industry practitioners, researchers, and students to attend and explore the
nexus between electrical energy systems and cybersecurity. ****

** **

Scholarship opportunities are available for academic students with a
demonstrated interest in power or smart grid cybsersecurity. Scholarships
cover registration fees, lodging, and a small travel stipend. *The deadline
for all scholarship materials is April 14, 2013.*****

** **

The summer school program is designed to provide an essential background in
the basics of security and resiliency for cyber infrastructure in power and
smart grids. Participants will also gain an understanding of the smarter
energy system evolving from the power grid, as well as associated
cybersecurity challenges. We’ve planned an intensive, engaging, and
value-packed week of topics and activities, including an optional hands-on
training lab for SCADA security assessment. ****

** **

For more information about scholarships, visit:****

http://tcipg.org/2013-summer-school-scholarships ****

** **

For more information about the summer school, visit:
http://tcipg.org/2013-summer-school ****

** **

We hope to see applications rolling in from your institution soon! Please
also help us promote these scholarship opportunities by forwarding this
email to your academic colleagues. We’re also on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/tcipg>and
Twitter <https://twitter.com/TCIPG> (#tcipgss2013).****

Thank you!****

** **