[Busec] Fwd: Scholars Day 2013

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Fri Feb 8 18:51:20 EST 2013

Hi Group,

You might consider submitting here...

From: <provost at bu.edu>
Date: Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Subject: Scholars Day 2013
To: goldbe at bu.edu

       *Boston University*****

Associate Provost for Graduate Affairs
One Silber Way
Boston, Massachusetts 02215****

[image: http://www.bu.edu/brand/files/web/master-logo.gif]<http://www.bu.edu/>
****

Dear students and faculty:****

 ****

The abstract submission form for *Scholars Day 2013 **(formerly the Science
and Engineering Research Symposium)* will be available online between March
1 - 17th at http://www.bu.edu/research/aboutus/events/scholars-day/  Please
note: a BU Kerberos password and email is required to submit an abstract.***
*

 ****

*The abstract submission deadline is 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, March 17, 2013.
* Upon submission, students are responsible for corresponding with their
advisors to ensure approval of their abstracts by Friday, March 22, 2013.
Students whose abstracts are not approved by the deadline will not have a
designated location at the event.****

 ****

*All graduate students in a degree-granting program at Boston University
who are also engaged in research in any area of study are invited to
participate.* Postdoctoral researchers are also welcome, but are not
eligible for awards.****

 ****

*The event will take place on Tuesday, April 2, 2013  in the gallery space
of 808 Commonwealth Avenue. *****

 ****

This event is intended to honor and celebrate research by our graduate
students and has been held at Boston University for nearly two decades.
During that time the number and quality of presentations has grown
enormously, as has the number of awards presented. Judging will be done
using a standardized scorecard so that prizes are awarded equitably. ****

  ****

Students will be asked to begin hanging their posters at 9:30 a.m.  Judging
will take place between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.  Please plan to be present
during as much of this time as possible, as you may need to assist the
judges in their understanding of your work. The winners will be announced
at a 4 p.m. reception.   ****

If you are a graduate student or post-doc, we hope you will consider
participating (Post-docs are not eligible for awards).  If you are a member
of the faculty, we hope you will consider volunteering to judge,
encouraging your graduate students to become involved, and persuading your
undergraduate students to attend.****

 ****

Please contact my office with any questions or comments.****

 ****