[Busec] Next Practical Security Seminar on 08/05 (Next Monday)

Yuting danazh at bu.edu
Thu Aug 1 15:01:18 EDT 2013

Dear all,

Our next MET-sponsored RISCS seminar will be next Monday, Aug 5 from noon-1pm in PHO 339.
The talk title and abstract are as following:

Title: Finding Remnant Data in Flash Memory
Speaker: Ben Havey

Abstract: With the increased interest in high density mass storage, flash memory has become a part of everyday life. Due to physical limitations of flash manufacturers have implemented a technique called wear leveling to extend the memory's life. In this talk we will examine how wear leveling leaves behind data, something not seen in traditional storage, and the security implementations that come with it.

As usual, a light lunch will accompany the seminar.  Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Yuting