[Busec] Connaught Summer Institute on Monitoring Internet Openness and Rights - July 22-26

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Fri Apr 12 10:23:53 EDT 2013

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Phillipa Gill <phillipa at cs.toronto.edu>
Date: Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Hi Sharon,

Hope you are doing well! Wanted to let you know about a research
workshop we are holding at the University of Toronto from July 22-26.

We are inviting leading faculty, students, and practitioners from a wide
range of disciplines to discuss research on the study of information
controls, present latest work, facilitate research review and
mentorship, discuss research ethics, and engage in intensive research
methods training.

Here's a website with a call for short talk abstracts (deadline June 1)
http://citizenlab.org/**summerinstitute/index.html<http://citizenlab.org/summerinstitute/index.html>
Please distribute to
any students / colleagues you think may be interested.

We are working on formalizing the schedule but the general idea is we
want to have short talks in the mornings followed by tutorials on
methods / tools or group discussions on issues of concern for the
community.

cheers,
Phillipa