[Busec] Update: Cybersecurity student essay contest

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Mon Apr 8 20:03:28 EDT 2013

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bestavros, Azer <best at bu.edu>

In case you did not see this. ****

--Azer****

** **

*From:* crcs-announce-bounces at seas.harvard.edu [mailto:
crcs-announce-bounces at seas.harvard.edu] *On Behalf Of *Greg Morrisett
*Sent:* Monday, April 08, 2013 1:43 PM
*To:* crcs-announce
*Subject:* [Crcs-announce] Fwd: Update: Cybersecurity student essay contest*
***

** **

This essay contest on cyber-security policy may be of general****

interest to CRCS folks.****

** **

-Greg****

** **

Begin forwarded message:****

****

We officially launched the contest on March 21 and know I wanted to share
with you the final details and ask that you share with your students and
colleagues. Our intention is to generate unique research on both how to
measure the impact of cybersecurity policy around the world and how to
think about the dimensions of societal and technological change that we can
expect leading up to the year 2020. I think this will be an interesting
topic area for your students.****

 ****

The specific research questions for the contest are:****

 ****

(1) Which cybersecurity policy choices have the most impact on
cybersecurity outcomes and, based upon your answer, are there “actionable”
recommendations for policymakers?****

 ****

(2) Given the growth in people, devices, and data connected to the
Internet, how should policymakers adapt current approaches, and are there
elements missing from the current policy landscape that should be created,
or existing instruments that should be deprecated?****

 ****

We will be awarding cash prizes to the top three entries that we receive.
Entries must be received by 11:59pm PDT on June 14, 2013. Full details on
the contest are available at: http://www.microsoft.com/gssdcontest****

 ****

Following is a link to a promotional flyer for the contest. I would
appreciate your passing this along within the university community.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/B/D/3BD7B96B-223E-4B17-B230-2EEA6C3B55CA/Cyber-essay-contest-poster.pdf

Thank you again for your feedback on the contest and the underlying
research. We greatly appreciate your support.****

 ****

Best,****

 ****