[Busec] Fwd: DIMACS privacy workshop : Call for student participation

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Mon Oct 1 14:02:42 EDT 2012

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aaron Roth <aaroth at cis.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Subject: Call for student participation

Hi all,

The upcoming DIMACS privacy workshop will have a session devoted to
short submitted talks, with preference given to younger researchers
(students, postdocs). We advertised this on our blogs and Google+, but
apparently these venues do not have as wide a readership as we like to
imagine. I'm attaching the call for submissions here -- please
distribute it to any young privacy researchers who you think might
like to present.

Best,
Aaron

DIMACS Workshop on Differential Privacy across Computer Science
October 24-26, 2012
(immediately after FOCS 2012)

Call for Abstracts -- Short Presentations

The upcoming DIMACS workshop on differential privacy will feature
invited talks by experts from a range of areas in computer science as
well as short talks (5 to 10 minutes) by participants.

Participants interested in giving a short presentation should send an
email to asmith+dimacs at psu.edu containing a proposed talk title,
abstract, and the speaker's name and affiliation.  We wil try to
accommodate as many speakers as possible, but
a) requests received before October 15 will get full consideration
b) priority will be given to junior researchers, so students and
postdocs should indicate their status in the email.