[Busec] Angela Zottarel tomorrow 10AM

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Tue Nov 27 17:45:41 EST 2012

Hi Group,

Tomorrow Angela will give her 20min AISACRYPT practice talk starting
at 10am in MCS137.  Please come and give her your feedback.

See you then!
Sharon

Title: Signature Schemes Secure against Hard-to-Invert Leakage
Speaker: Angela Zottarel, Aarhus
MCS137 at 10AM

Abstract: In the auxiliary input model an adversary is allowed to see
a computationally hard-to-invert function of the secret key.  The
auxiliary input model weakens the bounded leakage assumption commonly
made in leakage resilient cryptography as the hard-to-invert function
may information-theoretically reveal the entire secret key.
In this work, we propose the first constructions of digital signature
schemes that are secure in the auxiliary input model. Our main
contribution is a digital signature scheme that is secure against
chosen message attacks when given an exponentially hard-to-invert
function of the secret key. As a second contribution, we construct a
signature scheme that achieves security for random messages assuming
that the adversary is given a polynomial-time hard to invert function.
Here, polynomial-hardness is required even when given the entire
public-key – so called weak auxiliary input security.  We show that
such signature schemes readily give us auxiliary input secure
identification schemes.

Joint work with S. Faust, C. Hazay, J.B. Nielsen and P. S. Nordholt