[Busec] Seminar On practical Security: PHO 339 - Monday, May 14 noon-1pm

Leonid Reyzin reyzin at cs.bu.edu
Thu May 10 13:55:54 EDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ari Trachtenberg <trachten at bu.edu>
Date: Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Subject: [Softphone] Seminar On practical Security: PHO 339 - Monday, May
14 noon-1pm
To: University Reliable Info Sys Cyber Security <riscs at bu.edu>

Dear hackers at large,

  We are planning to start our summer weekly RISCS-sponsored
seminar series on practical elements of security, a topic with
generally poor penetration within the academic community.  Last
year, presentations included, for example:
  * Timing attacks on encrypted Skype conversations
  * Bitcoin
  * Exploiting vulnerabilities with removable storage

Our first two meetings will be:
  * Monday, May 14 in PHO339 from noon-1pm
    Rohan Roy:  Security Vulnerabilities in Android Operating System
  * Monday, May 20 in PHO 339 from noon-1pm
    Yossi Gilad:  Spying in the Dark: TCP and Tor Traffi c Analysis

  Please let me know if you plan on coming and/or if you want to
be on the mailing list.  We plan to have a light lunch as part
of the seminar.

       Best,
               -Ari

P.S.  Also let me know if you know of other people who might find
this interesting.

--
Ari Trachtenberg                   Assoc. Prof., Assoc. Grad. coChair, ECE
trachten at bu.edu                    http://people.bu.edu/trachten