[Busec] Advice for Landing a Faculty Position

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Sat Jun 16 08:18:53 EDT 2012

Hi All,

To follow up on our elevator pitch practice session yesterday (which I
thought was really great!  Thanks everyone for coming!) my advisor Jen
Rexford and I   were having some discussion about strategies graduate
students and post-docs could follow for being competitive for a
faculty position down the road.    These thoughts could also
interpreted more broadly as "how to do a really successful PhD".  Jen
wrote these down here; definitely worth a read:

 http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jrex/faculty-advice.html

Comments / thoughts welcome!