[Busec] Fwd: elevator pitch meeting - 11AM Friday June 15 in MCS148

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Fri Jun 15 09:42:48 EDT 2012

Hi All,

See you in MCS148 at 11AM!

From: Sharon Goldberg <goldbe at cs.bu.edu>
Date: Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Subject: elevator pitch meeting - 11AM Friday June 15 in MCS135
To: busec <busec at cs.bu.edu>, wing-l at cs.bu.edu

Hi BUsec and WING students:

This is to confirm our elevator pitch meeting on Friday at 11AM in
MCS135. Please see the details below and start preparing your elevator
pitches!

Hi BUsec and WING faculty.

Please feel free to come to this meeting and help me facilitate!

See you all on Friday,
Sharon

********************
Hi All,

Many of us are travelling to conferences this summer, and important
thing to be able to do at a conference is to tell people about
yourself and your research in a very short time while making yourself
and your research sound sexy and exciting.   You'd be surprised at how
bad even some senior people are at this.  (I was watching some people
do this recently, and it was painful, hence I'm emailing you all now
:)

So, for those that are interested, let's all meet on June 15 at 11AM
and practice our elevator pitches on each other.   If you are planning
to come to the meeting, please prepare:
1) A 1-minute pitch about your "professional" self (academic history,
work history, research area).
2) A 1-minute pitch about your research.
3) If you have a paper at a conference this summer, a 1-minute pitch
about your paper, with the goal of convincing the person you are
talking that your paper is so awesome that it is worthwhile to to come
to your talk.
4) A 3-4 minute overview of your research.

See you then!