[Busec] Evangelos Markatos Visit: Tuesday June 12 (Privacy-Preserving Social Plugins)

Crovella, Mark E crovella at bu.edu
Thu Jun 7 14:48:47 EDT 2012

Hi -

Some of you will remember Evangelos Markatos (FORTH-ICS and U. of Crete) who visited for a month last summer.   He will be visiting again next week Tuesday, and will give a talk on his recent work in the privacy area.  (This is work that will be presented in USENIX Security).

His talk will be at 2pm Tuesday – title and abstract are below.    Location will be announced in a followup message closer to Tuesday.

Please let me know if you'd like me to set up a meeting with him, or if you'd like to join us for lunch that day.   He will be here from noon onwards.

Thanks!
Mark
--

Title: Privacy-Preserving Social Plugins
June 12, 2pm (location TBA)

Bio:
Prof. Evangelos Markatos received his diploma in Computer Engineering from  the University of Patras in 1988, and the M.S and Ph.D. degrees in  Computer Science from the University of Rochester, NY in 1990 and 1993  respectively. Since 1992, he collaborates with the Institute of Computer  Science of the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (ICS-FORTH)  where he is currently the founder and head of the Distributed Computing  Systems Laboratory. He conducts research in several areas including  distributed and parallel systems, the World-Wide Web, Internet Systems and  Technologies, as well as Computer and Communication Systems Security.  He  has been the project manager of the LOBSTER and NoAH projects, both funded  in part by the European Union and focusing on developing novel approaches  to network monitoring and network security. He is currently the project  manager of the i-code and SysSec projects.  Since 1992, he has also been affiliated with the Computer Science  Department of the University of Crete, where he is currently a full  Professor.