[Busec] BUsec today! 1:30pm - Erez Waisbard (Bar Ilan) & Robert Lychev (GATech)

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Mon Jul 2 12:09:41 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Today at 1:30PM in MCS144, we'll have a "double header" of
talks -- our own Robert Lychev will be presenting his 10-minute PODC
brief announcement talk followed by a full seminar talk by Erez
Waisbard, who is visiting from Bar-Ilan.

Snacks (not lunch) will be provided.

See you there!

Network Destabilizing Attacks
   Robert Lychev,  GATech

   We provide an explanation for the observed stability of today's Internet
   in the face of common configuration errors and attacks.

&&&&&&&&&

Efficient Signature Scheme for Network Coding
      Erez Waisbard, Bar Ilan University

      Network coding helps maximize the network
      throughput. However, such schemes are also vulnerable to
      pollution attacks in which malicious forwarders inject polluted
      messages into the system. Traditional cryptographic solution,
      such as digital signatures, are not suited for network coding,
      in which nodes do not forward the original packets, but rather
      linear combinations of the data they received. We describe secure
      scheme that uses batch techniques and selective verification to
      efficiently verify the integrity of the received packets. We show
      that for real peer-to-peer networks, our scheme is much more
      efficient than previously suggested schemes