[Busec] crypto course this semester

Ran Canetti canetti at tau.ac.il
Fri Jan 13 18:31:51 EST 2012

Hi All -

Wanted to abuse this mailing list to publicize the course I'm giving this
semester. It's Tue-Thu 2-3:30 in room B67 in the sociology building
(Cummington 96-110, which is across the street from the CS building).
First lecture is this coming tuesday, Jan 17.

Some of  the classes will be given by guest speakers (Adam, Leo, Rachel.)

Best,
Ran

Here is a tentative syllabus:

week 1 -Zero Knowledge: The GMW protocol, sequential composition,
         Constant-round ZK.
week 2 -Impossibility for BB constant round public coins ZK, the Barak
         Protocol.
week 3 -Non-Interactive ZK
week 4 -NIZK, CCA secure encryption from NIZK
week 5 -CCA secure encryption in the Random Oracle model  (Adam Oneil)
week 6 -Inditifation schemes and Random Oracle signatures (Leo Reyzin)
week 7 -Concurrent ZK
week 8 -NM commitments and ZK
week 9 -Secure multiparty computation: Intro, the GMW protocol
week 10 -the BGW protocol
week 11 -Notions of security: Basic, UC, composition theorems
week 12 -UC security of BGW, on the security of GMW
week 13 -UC commitments
week 14 -The CLOS protocol