[Busec] Crypto Reading Group Next Wed (Dec. 19th) at BU

Huijia Lin huijial at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:55:46 EST 2012

Hi all,

Next wednesday, we will have our last reading group meeting. Angela will
talk about her recent works on
"Signature Schemes secure against Hard-to-Invert Leakage" and "Is
Simulation-Based Leakage Resilience and Adaptive Security essentially the
same?"

Speaker: Angela Zotteral
Time: Dec. 19th, 10:00am.
Location: Boston University Crypto Group Lounge.
              111 Cummington street, Room 135.

Title: Signature Schemes secure against Hard-to-Invert Leakage.

Abstract:
I will show how to overcome (in two different ways) the impossibility
result on signature schemes secure against hard to invert leakage.

Joint work with Sebastian Faust, Carmit Hazay, Jesper B. Nielsen and Peter
S. Nordholt.

Title: Is Simulation-Based Leakage Resilience and Adaptive Security
essentially  the same?

Bitanski, Canetti and Halevi (TCC12) give a general definition of
simulation-based leakage security, we show that such security is hard to
achieve.
1) We show that any encryption protocol tolerating poly-log leakage must
have secret keys that are essentially as long as the messages.
2) We show an equivalence between poly-log leakage-tolerance and security
against adaptive corruption.
These results show that, even for a small amount of leakage, we need to use
very expensive tools to build a leakage-tolerant protocol.

Joint work with Jesper B. Nielsen and Daniele Venturi.

Best,
Rachel