[Busec] BUsec this week: Rachel Lin (Tues 11AM) & Short security talks (Friday 2PM)

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Mon Apr 30 12:03:07 EDT 2012

Hi All,

At our Tuesday seminar this week, Rachel Lin will be taking about her
CRYPTO’12 paper on Black-Box Constructions of Concurrently Secure
Protocols.   11AM on Tuesday in MCS137 at 111 Cummington St.

Also, Friday from 2-3PM at the Hariri Institute, six students from my
network security class will be giving very short and fun talks on
security issues that have recently been in the news. Topics below:

Medical device security (Joe Zatkovich)
DuQu worm - a cousin of Stuxnet (Harry Mavroforakis)
Khelios Botnet (Stirling Algermissen)
Attack on non-uniqueness of RSA keys (Kyle Brogle)
(In)security of Dropbox (Sanaz Bahargam)
RSA secur ID breach (Dimitris Papadopoulos)

Also, there will be a poster session + lunch from 12-2PM in the Hariri
institute, with students presenting their class projects.

Hope to see you there!
Sharon

___
BUsec mailing list:  http://cs-mailman.bu.edu/mailman/listinfo/busec
BUsec calendar:  https://sites.google.com/site/busecuritygroup/calendar
----

Title: Black-Box Constructions of Concurrently Secure Protocols
Speaker: Rachel Lin (Tuesday 11AM in MCS137)

 We present the first *black-box* construction of a secure multi-party
computation protocol that satisfies a meaningful notion of *concurrent
security* in the plain model (without any set-up, and without assuming
an honest majority). Moreover, our protocol relies on the minimal
assumption of the existence of a semi-honest OT protocol, and our
security notion ``UC with super-polynomial helpers'' (Canetti et al,
STOC'10) is closed under universal composition, and implies
``super-polynomial-time simulation''.

Joint work with Rafael Pass to appear at CRYPTO'12.