[Busec] FW: Seeking postdoc for project on trustworthy computing in healthcare

Bestavros, Azer best at bu.edu
Mon Apr 16 23:00:09 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Prof. David Kotz [mailto:kotz at cs.dartmouth.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 10:20 PM
To: David Kotz
Subject: Seeking postdoc for project on trustworthy computing in healthcare

Colleagues,
I am looking for a sharp graduate to join my team as a postdoc, next fall.  I would appreciate any recommendations you might have; feel free to forward this information to strong graduating students or recent graduates.

The postdoc will be involved in our research on security & privacy for healthcare information systems; in particular, my group is working on secure methods for use of mobile computing and wearable sensors in the context of healthcare (mHealth). Our recent papers are located at http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/papers/index.html#mhealth

We have current funding from NSF and HHS:
NSF: Trustworthy Information Systems for Healthcare (TISH):   http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/projects/tish.html
HHS: Strategic Healthcare Information Technology Advanced Research Projects on Security (SHARPS): http://healthit.hhs.gov/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=1806&mode=2

The candidate must have finished his or her Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, have deep experience with networks, security, or privacy, have experience planning and conducting experimental computer systems research, and be an excellent programmer. Ideal candidates will also have experience with mobile computing, sensor networks, or embedded computing.

Dartmouth College is an Ivy League college with graduate programs in the sciences, engineering, medicine, and business. It is located in the beautiful town of Hanover NH, about two hours northwest of Boston. For more information:
Computer Science Department	http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society	 http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu

Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity employer.

Interested candidates should send their vita (pdf, please), and arrange to have three letters of reference sent directly to
Professor David Kotz, Dartmouth College
kotz at cs.dartmouth.edu
<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/>