[Busec] New date for the first Charles River Crypto day: Friday Dec 2 at BU's Hariri inst.

Ran Canetti canetti at post.tau.ac.il
Mon Oct 31 15:52:26 EDT 2011

Dear All -

So the economists have decided to play a match of Chicken and scheduled
CAEC'11 to Nov 18. See  http://caec.seas.harvard.edu/
Defying all equilibria, we decided to reschedule the crypto day to   Dec
2. All else stays the same. We even have a title for Guy's talk.

See you on Dec 2,

Shafi, Yael, Ran

On 10/22/2011 01:18 AM, Ran Canetti wrote:

> Dear All -
>
> You are cordially invited to the first Charles River Crypto Day, to be
> held at Boston University on Friday, November 18, 2011. A preliminary
> program appears below. The event is open to the public. Please save the
> date and circulate around.
>
> Shafi, Yael, Ran
>
> We wish to thank BU's Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and
> Computational Science & Engineering for making this event possible via
> generous support.

Program:
========

  9:30-10:00 Gathering and breakfast

  10:00-11:00 Vinod Vikunthanatan, U of Totonto:
  Computing Blindfolded: New Developments in Fully Homomorphic
  Encryption

  11:30-12:30 Rafael Pass, Cornell U:
  The randomness complexity of parallel repetition

  12:30-13:30 Lunch (provided)

  13:30-14:30 Tal Malkin, Columbia U:
  Secure Computation with Sub-linear Amortized Work

  14:45-15:45 Guy Rothblum, Microsoft Research: How to compute in the
presence of leakage

  Location: The event will take place at the Hariri institute, located at
  the east end of the Computer Science building at BU (111 Cummington st.,
  Boston, MA.) There is metered parking on Commington st. plus a parking
  structure in the adjacent building: http://www.bu.edu/maps/?id=873

  Organizers: Shafi Goldwasser (MIT), Yael Kalai (MSR), Ran Canetti (BU)