[Busec] Cambridge Area Economics and Computation Day (CAEC'11) - Friday 11/18/11 - 9am-5pm

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Fri Oct 28 15:18:03 EDT 2011

 First Cambridge Area Economics and Computation Day (CAEC'11)
               Open to the Public - but Please Register by Nov 14th
                         on:  http://caec.seas.harvard.edu/

  Friday, November 18, 2011, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  At CSAIL, MIT  Patil/Kiva,  Room 32-G449 Stata Center
  MIT, Cambridge, MA

 A lot of research and business activity in the Cambridge/Boston area is
 engaged in economic and computational questions in regard to understanding
 and developing the economics of Internet activity. Examples of topics of
 interest include theoretical, modeling, algorithmic, and empirical work on
 electronic commerce, networked behavior, and social networks.
 We solicit submissions in all areas of Economics and Computation.

 One of the main purposes of CAEC is to encourage collaboration between
 local researchers. Significant emphasis will be placed on a poster session
 and short talks. The overall structure of the day will involve four longer
 talks, this first year by each of the steering committee, with a short talks
 session and a poster session over lunch, along with brief poster
 announcements.

 For short talks and posters, send an email to caec11 at seas.harvard.edu by
 Friday, October 28 2011, including a brief description of your work, along
 with an indication of a preference for the work to be presented as a short
 talk or a poster, or be considered for both. We will select a small number
 of short talks and put together a poster session.

 Decisions about the program will be made by Monday, October 31.

 The suggested format for a short talk is (a) description of the problem, (b)
 statement of results, and (c) discussion of open research directions. There
 will be no time for setting up individual laptops for the short-talk
 session, instead we will have all presentations preloaded on a computer in
 the auditorium.

 This event is free to participants, but PLEASE register by November 14th.

 There will be no cost to participants. We thank Microsoft Research New
 England for their kind sponsorship of this event.

 We also invite interest from sponsors.

 CAEC Steering committee

 Susan Athey (Harvard Economics)
 Costis Daskalakis (MIT EECS)